When I was younger, I played club penguin, this was probably 10 years ago ish.I recently thought about it being a childhood game and decided to check it out.

Since Disney took it over, they delete accounts that are inactive for 2+ months, well, it had been quite a long time since I logged onto my account, so of course it was deleted. No biggie. I made a new account and played around for a while, here is what I experienced: *Chat filters. Not a bad thing, considering I remember inappropriate things being said way back when *LAG LAG LAG, the game is VERY laggy and takes forever to load and my computer is no slouch, with dual graphic cards and a decent processor.

It was nearly impossible to play some of the games because of the terrible lag. * There's currently an advent calender event going on for the holiday season. I remember very similar things when I played as a kid, but only this time, 90% of the advent prizes are FOR MEMBERS ONLY! Not cool, especially when the prices of membership is the same price as a Netfliz subscription.

Hmm, which would I rather have? All in all, it's still a safer social media and multiplayer gaming experience for young children to play and learn how to be safe and interact with their internet friends. My complaints are how much stuff is "members only" (seriously, an event that only members get the freebies??) If my child were playing club penguin and wanted a membership, I would be hard pressed to consider buying a membership due to the poor design and how terribly slow the game is! Clearly the developers don't care enough about the game, and I certainly don't want to contribute to their paychecks if they can't even host a multiplayer game and make it run smooth.

Very disappointed.I'm sure there are better children's online worlds.

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue of club penguin membership from Club Penguin. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Club Penguin to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Club Penguin for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Club Penguin?

Comments